• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Minr Chess Tourney 2.0!

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone!

This announcement is concerning the end of the tournament (rounds 5 and 6!) We have seen a ton of awesome games played and are getting very close to the end! As of now we have 4 players who have secured their spot in their respective brackets and I'm here to congratulate those people!

Grand Finalist A Bracket:

7OMNOMNOM

Grand Finalist B Bracket:

Sakapaka1

Grand Finalist C Bracket:

derNiklaas

Grand Finalist D Bracket:

ManWithRaft

Congratulations to these 4 for securing their spot in the finals, we have a few more games to decide who their opponents are.
The games that are left before the grand finals are listed below!

A Bracket:

rmanimal
JeevesWooster

AtomicAdam0
Winner of the rmanimal, JeevesWooster Match

B Bracket:

TheTranscriptGuy
Zhar6

Sportfuzombie
Winner of the TheTranscriptGuy, Zhar6 Match

C Bracket:

BTJRedwing
Sullus

OrangeWithEyes
Winner of the BTJRedwing, Sullus Match

TheGloryThief
Winner of those matches

D Bracket:

Jaceryan
Katapharos

aeiou08
Winner of the Jaceryan, Katapharos Match

That is all the games that we have left before our grand finals start! IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT BELOW!

Our grand finals have been slightly adjusted format wise to be fair to the winner of the winners bracket, we will now have a grand-finals that has a 1-2 game format where the winners bracket winner needs to win one game and the redemption bracket winner needs to win 2 games to win the tournament!

Thank you for your patience and DM me if you have any questions!

Last edited:

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

We have finally arrived at the Grand Finals of our second edition of Minr Chess Tournament. We have just one more game to finish before the grand finals are fully set but the pairings will be listed below!

Grand Finals will consist of 2 possible games for Brackets B C and D
with the winner of the losers bracket needing to win 2 games to win the tournament and the winner of the winners bracket only needing 1!

A Bracket Grand Finals: Since 7OMNOMNOM had to drop out this was decided by 1 game and Jeeves_Wooster emerged as the A Bracket Champion!

AtomicAdam0
Jeeves_Wooster

B Bracket Grand Finals: Sakapaka1 is the Winner of the Winners Bracket and will need to win 1 game to win the tournament! Sportufzombie will need to win 2 games to win the tournament!

Sakapaka1
Sportufzombie

C Bracket Grand Finals: derNiklaas is the winner of the winners bracket and will need to win 1 game to win the tournament! Whoever wins between Sullus and TheGloryThief will need to win 2 games to win the tournament!

derNiklaas
Winner of TheGloryThief vs. Sullus

D Bracket Grand Finals: ManWithRaft is the winner of the winners bracket and will need to win 1 game to win the tournament! Katapharos will need to win 2 games to win the tournament!

ManWithRaft
Katapharos

These are the grand finals for our tournament! C Bracket is about 1 game behind but we are hoping to get that grand final decided by tomorrow!
Best of luck to all our grand finalists and I think the next time I post here we will be crowning some winners!

Message me or BoggledToggo to get info on when Grand Finals are happening so we can help you watch and root for your friends!

Games for the Grand Finals are eligible to be hosted as early as 11am EST tomorrow!

AverageIPA

Well-Known Player
Op
Board
Oct 26, 2017
Introduction:
Hi everyone!

Minr Chess Tournament 2.0 has officially concluded and I am very happy with how the event turned out. When we were talking about doing this event we weren't entirely sure how it was going to be recieved and to our shock we had 34 signups within 9 hours of posting the event signup which surpassed the first tournament by 2 players with the signups totalling 50 by the start of the tournament.

We were both pleasantly surprised and scrambled to try and assemble brackets that made the tournament fair for everyone, and it seems like (for the most part) we accomplished that. The tournaments total duration was 56 days and we had an astonishing 81 chess games played!

I dont have enough thanks in me to say how much help @BoggledToggo was running the event along side me, it made it lightyears easier to run the event and it also helped that boggled was extremely well versed in the game of chess so they helped maintain both the speed at which the tournament was ran as well as the integrity of the tournament.

So massive shoutout to BoggledToggo for helping me run the event. Thank You <3

Awards:

We have some winners to crown and congratulate!

A BRACKET WINNER
- Jeeves_Wooster
B BRACKET WINNER - sakapaka1
C BRACKET WINNER - derNiklaas
D BRACKET WINNER - Katapharos

Massive congratulations to every one of you for sticking through it and winning your respective brackets! Bravo.

You have won the tournament as well as the winners cosmetic:

x1
Grandmaster Title
x1 Participation Crown

Also would like to applaud all of our participants who are listed below! Thank you so much for coming out and giving it your best shot! We saw some fantastic games and it was really awesome seeing you all play!

rambells
AK1089
sportsfuzombie
BurgerSlayin
Viceinc
EarthToTrashCan
BTJRedwing
clawful_
rmanimal
TheTranscriptGuy
Jakube_
Jaceryan
Marbou9
TheForsakenFurby
starling_
RAMTurtle
Gigibee28
Junkjake
MeisterXehanort
Kasebett
Soker
KittyCatElite
Lightwood13
Moosebane2
AtomicAdam0
Sullus
Gramagon
rachelmr
SoulTB
TheGloryThief
R0BObit
dzdx1998
Karakabbage
aeiou08
ManWithRaft
ElectroUnderwear
Amperatic
Alphaesia
bzrklive
7OMNOMNOM

Thank you to all our wonderful participants, thank you for playing!

You are eligible for our participation cosmetic:

x1
Participation Crown

If anything seems off and you don't see your name on the list but feel you are eligible for a cosmetic please do not hesitate to message me or BoggledToggo and we can fix it for you.

Cosmetics will be rewarded via /shop and will be there by or before 10/15/2023, if you don't see your cosmetic by then please let us know!

Lichess Study Links:

All of the awesome games were compiled into two lichess studys which are listed below,

Concluding Statements:

Thank you everyone for making it such a memorable event, It was an absolute blast and I will definitely be intending to do it again next year. I think everything turned out mostly as I wanted it to but in the interest of improving upon what we did for this years Minr Chess Tournament I have created an exit poll that is intended to help improve some of the things that maybe were not as good as they could've been.

Thank you everyone,

AverageIPA
BoggledToggo

Exit Poll (Optional):

Last edited: