• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Update to 1.8?

Nathantkim

New Fish
Nov 26, 2014
Sorry if this was already asked before, but when is Zero going to update to 1.8? 1.8 came out months ago, and I'm just wondering when it will update since my frames per second is much better in 1.8 than 1.7.

jagman77

Killer of Very Large Horses
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
Unfortunately there is a problem with updating to 1.8. The server currently relies on bukkit, which is not being updated to 1.8, so we are waiting on an alternative that wont break all the plugins the server currently runs.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
We have a couple potential replacements in mind, but they rely on forge and have been held back on getting to 1.8 by it.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
@Nathantkim

Bukkit have halted development which would appear to be on a permanent basis. This has basically stopped many great servers out there from also updating. Although we keep mods to a minimum many, our server needs some mods (such as our checkpoint system) to run accordingly. We are searching for a replacement and at the moment Sponge Powered is looking like the favoured option but it is still in development, we understand your concern and we ourselves would love to get Zero updated to 1.8. You can rest assured that we'll get Zero updated as soon as it's feasibly possibly.

Cheers, Chillers.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
I can't come anymore on zero.minr.org it crashes with all servers when i use 1.7.10 or 1.7.9...
But it works perfectly when i use 1.8 or 1.8.1.
So i hope the update come out fast so I can come back on zero.minr.org....

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I can't come anymore on zero.minr.org it crashes with all servers when i use 1.7.10 or 1.7.9...
But it works perfectly when i use 1.8 or 1.8.1.
So i hope the update come out fast so I can come back on zero.minr.org....
I'd recommend that you wipe your minecraft folder and re-run minecraft.

luckylukecraft

Actually not that lucky
Op
Board
Sep 28, 2014
I hoped what Chillers said was right, but i could't remove it from my launchpad... I watched videos that could help it.
Finally I removed the minecraft (or .minecraft) folder!
I re-started minecraft and played with 1.7.10. And when it was just connecting and logging i to zero.minr.org...
It crashed again. So hope for all of us that 1.8 is coming fast!

c_dric

Tinkering boomer
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I believed we were waiting for the 1.8 version of either bukkit or craftbukkit.

5 hours ago this was announced...
http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/bukkit-craftbukkit-spigot-1-8.36598/

@c_dric , Is it finally time?
That looks promising. I should be able to set up a test server by next monday so we can see how our maps and plugins work.

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have a lot of free time atm.
I have 2 weeks of holiday, starting Dec 20 so i will be able to be more active =)

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
And also I think most of the updates especially in 1.8 are pretty unecessary (sure the new sprint and the horses in 1.6 were pretty nice, but im always having this "eeeh" feeling lately when looking at new mc versions.)

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
Updates aren't bad, they're just different. Takes some time to get used to.

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
1.8 seems amazing to me! a lot more commandblock options, slimeblocks, iron trapdoors, multicolored doors&fences, great fps increase due to rendering changes (up to 300% of what you previously had), new underwater temples with guardians and elder guardians, new prismarine blocks, sea lantern blocks (new light source!), spectator mode (for ops to check people's inventory/health, easier to spot fastheal cheats), new barrier block (invisible for regular users, yet a wall) makes maps look better, new sponges/wet sponges, depth strider enchantment (swim fatser!), armor stands, rabbits + their items, new stones, course dirt, red sandstone, banners in all kinds of shapes and colors, endermites (easier endermenfarms), check entity looking directions, reload all blocks and models, removing of void fog and ofcourse, a whole new awesome villager AI (oh, i forgot, No AI for mobs can be used as well)

you cant dislike more then half of that!

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
On top of that, avid sprint key users (like me), log on to 1.4.2 and it feels so different! So unnatural. You just have to get used to it.

NINJA EDIT: c_dric is amazing.

MeisterXehanort

The best user.
Greenie
Oct 27, 2013
1.8 seems amazing to me! a lot more commandblock options, slimeblocks, iron trapdoors, multicolored doors&fences, great fps increase due to rendering changes (up to 300% of what you previously had), new underwater temples with guardians and elder guardians, new prismarine blocks, sea lantern blocks (new light source!), spectator mode (for ops to check people's inventory/health, easier to spot fastheal cheats), new barrier block (invisible for regular users, yet a wall) makes maps look better, new sponges/wet sponges, depth strider enchantment (swim fatser!), armor stands, rabbits + their items, new stones, course dirt, red sandstone, banners in all kinds of shapes and colors, endermites (easier endermenfarms), check entity looking directions, reload all blocks and models, removing of void fog and ofcourse, a whole new awesome villager AI (oh, i forgot, No AI for mobs can be used as well)

you cant dislike more then half of that!
Too complicated for me.

I played a tournament of different games with some guys on an 1.8 server before and literally nothing worked like it should. :/