• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

I have a secret

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
So, as some of you may be aware, Mob and Lava Parkour have been around a long time. Six years ago, I built something special (which is hidden from view) around them, so if we lost sortals we'd still have a HC consisting of three maps (Lava Parkour, Mob Parkour, and Glowstone Labyrinth) in that when you completed one map, you could immediately run to the next one, since they were all next to each other.

This necessitated building two sets of tunnels, one set which went around Lava Parkour, and one which went around Mob Parkour. The intent was that when I wanted (and for a while this was part of HC), I could make some or all of the non-exits send a player back to the beginning of that map, via these tunnels, rather than them having to jump into lava.

Fast forward to Sept 2017. If I did this for all exits now, I could make the exit dropdowns non-lethal, and they'd just send you back to the start of the map.

What do we think about this? Should I do it?

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
If you want my honest opinion, I think the guess element is the most ridiculous thing that exists on this server and I can't think of a single person that enjoys it. If any new map were to have this it would probably be denied in a heartbeat.

But sure, tunnels are better.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I kinda enjoyed it once I was out of HC...

Personally, I see no difference between a death restart and a walk restart. It's like STS, either way it's still staring from the beginning. I would say a restart sign in these instances is also basically the same thing.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
It can make a difference in certain challenges as you only have a limited amount of lives

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
just remove the guess element entirely.. it's completely pointless and incredibly frustrating

Hex

Board Grandpa
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Here's to having contrary opinion!
I mean, it's been like this a long while. Why change it? It might make Hexa slightly easier and it might make the map slightly less intimidating. And people aren't gonna walk back, they're gonna /kill. I see no difference in having this. I don't see anything wrong with it myself. meh. I don't see a huge reason to change it.

henniboy321

Chicken eater
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
Most of the players who get to mob parkour will already know the exit (if you don't change it again :p ).

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
Drah is nicer than I would be when it comes to that. I'd set it up to automatically change each time someone got the correct one :p

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
Okay, everything is complete, with each dropdown having an alternate exit which will bring you back to the start of the map. It's still faster to /kill if you're not in Hexa.

Just because I have a reputation to uphold, I lowered the number of correct exits from three to one.

rmanimal

Space
Op
Jan 19, 2015
As for people who argue about abolishing the guess element, yes it's annoying but it also creates great maps if it is utilized well.
For example, Holes is a majorly guess-oriented map, but is pretty fun because you don't have a huge setback if you choose the wrong path.

Drahmee

Greenie
Oct 26, 2015
As it was, the intention back in 2010 was to slow down how quickly whities could compete HC for green rights. We had so few maps, especially hard parkours, that we felt we had to do something.

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
STS is also heavily guess-based, and yet most people seem to like it. It's a valid mechanic, and people seem to be unsure what they want from it.

spolendina

twpsyn
Op
Apr 30, 2017
Guess is not a valid mechanic... Unless there is some kind of logic that can be used to solve which one is correct (then it wouldn't be guess) it shouldn't be in a map. It's frustrating and a cheap way to piss of players

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
pol, it is a valid mechanic that has been used successfully in several maps. The main frustration that comes in relation to drah's maps is where he uses it. Having to guess at the very end of a parkour map has frustrated people for a long time. However, as previously stated, other maps that have implemented it as a "main body" mechanic are considered enjoyable.

Just because the way something is implemented in some cases is frustrating doesn't make it invalid.