• Welcome to Minr.org

Server IP: zero.minr.org 

Java Version: 1.20.2

Who are we?

Welcome to one of the oldest Minecraft servers and communities in the world! Zero.minr.org dates back over 13 years and has been consistently providing endless hours of fun and excitement for players from all over the globe. With an uptime of 99%, you can count on us to be here for you whenever you're in the mood for some challenging minecraft parkour, puzzles and mazes.

Our server is home to over 600+ challenges, each designed to keep you engaged and entertained for months on end. These challenges have been created, tested and curated by our green membership community, who are true experts in all things challenges! Our community is made up of some of the most dedicated and skilled players, who have completed our Hardcore set of challenges and continue to create new and innovative experiences for our server.

At our core, we are strongly committed to fair play and against any form of pay-to-win features. We have been privately funded since our inception, which has allowed us to provide a level playing field for all our players, free of any hidden advantages. This dedication to fair play has resulted in a thriving community where everyone has a chance to excel and showcase their skills.

So why not join us and become a part of something truly special? Who knows, you may even have what it takes to create a challenge that will remain on our server for years to come. Whether you're a seasoned Minecraft veteran or a newcomer to the game, we look forward to welcoming you to our server.

For more information about zero.minr.org click here.

Our Player Base

bstrey

Bread
Op
Oct 29, 2013
I was talking to Zath about our current player count and the type of players who usually join Minr, and he brought up an interesting point. He said that overall, we have been getting many new players. However, they are generally only interested in playing the maps rather than participating in the community. When I thought back to my first time joining the server, I realized that the only reason I stayed and decided to join the community is because someone made an effort to talk to me and be my friend. Then and now, whities hardly got/get much attention from other members of the server. I feel that if we tried to reach out to our newer players more, we might see better results than from posting on Reddit. ;)

Anyway, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. (And yes, this is intentionally a public post).

Zatharel

Другар
Op
Board
Nov 5, 2013
I was watching a show just now and interestingly enough, there is a connection between this and the episode. There was restaurant where instead of just serving food, the owner of the restaurant told hunting stories to those eating at the restaurant. This made a lot of people come back for the stories themselves, and not just the food that was served.

That said, we can think of Zero as that restaurant, as the maps as our food and the way we approach new players as our stories. There seems to be a wall dividing parts of our community, and 2016 should be our year to bring that wall down and become stronger as a whole.

I'm very proud that for the time I've been on this month and so, I haven't seen any discrimination based on server ranks. This is what we want - a tight community where everyone treats everyone as their equal.

I've seen many people ask us what makes us different from all the other "Parkour" or "Challenge" servers around the Minecraft world. In my opinion, it should be our goal to be able to tell them, when they ask this that our strength as a community is what defines us. Not the amount of maps we can provide them, not the amount of ranks they can go through, not even the age of our map, but that no matter what you are doing on the server, either playing a map or perhaps making one there will always be someone to support you in it.

That said, talk to the new players. Make them feel at home. This doesn't just apply to the greens and staff, but to the existing whities and blues as well. Tell them why you keeping coming back here, so that they may do the same. We may not have an extreme amount of players on all the time like some servers do (and likely, we won't in the near future), but we have a respectable amount of tight players that is something valuable on its own, so let's maintain it.

Bobtheblob

A Very Blobby Blob, That Happens To Be Called Bob.
Greenie
Feb 1, 2014
I have to agree with this, when i first joined i was welcomed by lots of people and there were some new people who were also welcomed so we all played with each other. That's the reason i stayed.
And now were all green :D

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I personally cannot relate since my motive for joining zero was to be able to play survival without worrying about getting griefed or having to deal with a white list.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
One thing I have noticed is that blues tend to stick around a lot longer than whities.
So if we could at least get whities to blue, that would be a start.

skyerzz

Awesome
Greenie
Nov 2, 2013
One small thing i think we need to change is the help command.

A lot of people use ./help when they first join the server, or if they are stuck somewhere and dont know what to do. our current "do you need halp" may be classic, but it is not very friendly towards whities. If we make a proper help command, which tells them who we are, what the server is about, etc, they are more likely to stay.

Amygdalae

Has a degree in Amying
Greenie
Feb 18, 2016
I have to give you people a compliment in this regard, yesterday was my first night on the server and I felt rather welcome and was happy to be involved in conversation with the 'veterans' amongst others.

Keep it up, first timers really appreciate this.

Zombie

CEO of Organized Chaos
Op
Board
Jun 8, 2015
When I first joined this server the one big thing that I found was that whenever I needed help doing something, a green or a mod would always be there no matter what and I think that's what was different, now a days a lot of new players never get the help they need either because we don't want to, staff isn't on, or greens are being stingy. Also the server always has a sort of rude tone towards whites and blues, not all people but some do. When people ask how to get green we often go straight to saying: READ THE FAQ, or if someone ran out of food and want more we say: READ THE RULES. Imo, this brings down people and makes them want to leave so instead of saying that we should start to go and help.

corygolfanatic

Panther Guitar Player
Greenie
Oct 26, 2013
When people ask how to get green we often go straight to saying: READ THE FAQ, or if someone ran out of food and want more we say: READ THE RULES. Imo, this brings down people and makes them want to leave so instead of saying that we should start to go and help.
Players need to learn to find things on their own. Our spawn is very simple and straight-forward. There's signs pointing you to the right direction as well. Most people say Read the rules or read the FAQ because it's tiresome to explain questions constantly. When players read the FAQ, they are more knowledgeable about the server and they don't need to ask questions. The FAQ quiz is also an added incentive that allows players to earn points while learning about the server.

When I first joined this server the one big thing that I found was that whenever I needed help doing something, a green or a mod would always be there no matter what and I think that's what was different, now a days a lot of new players never get the help they need either because we don't want to, staff isn't on, or greens are being stingy.
I'm not sure where you're getting this from, but I find the staff and greens to be constantly helping players.

Zombie

CEO of Organized Chaos
Op
Board
Jun 8, 2015
I'm not sure where you're getting this from, but I find the staff and greens to be constantly helping players.
I am on a lot, and when there are times with no mods/admins around i see this. I am not saying this happens 24/7 but it happens occasionally (sorry i was half-asleep when a wrote that)

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
I have to give you people a compliment in this regard, yesterday was my first night on the server and I felt rather welcome and was happy to be involved in conversation with the 'veterans' amongst others.

Keep it up, first timers really appreciate this.
That's really awesome to hear.

When I first joined this server the one big thing that I found was that whenever I needed help doing something, a green or a mod would always be there no matter what and I think that's what was different, now a days a lot of new players never get the help they need either because we don't want to, staff isn't on, or greens are being stingy. Also the server always has a sort of rude tone towards whites and blues, not all people but some do. When people ask how to get green we often go straight to saying: READ THE FAQ, or if someone ran out of food and want more we say: READ THE RULES. Imo, this brings down people and makes them want to leave so instead of saying that we should start to go and help.
Nothing has changed in regards to this, if anything we've been softer on newer players. Before it was always read the FAQ as default answer especially when we had 80+ players asking questions. In regards to staff, we are also playing to have fun, it was never our job to ensure everybody is happy, it was always our job to ensure the rules are not being broken. To come online an constantly be messaged to do world edit or set regions here or there is not ideal, we are discussing the implantation of an admin request system. That way when ops have the time to do things they will, many of our ops are 20+ We are busy with families, uni, college, work and RL in general. We cannot be around 24/7, our most important role is to ensure the rules are being adhered to and fair play is enforced.

Zombie

CEO of Organized Chaos
Op
Board
Jun 8, 2015
Hm weird im sorry if i misinformed i just feel like thats what i see, then again people tecd to look for a lot of negative at first glance. @Chillers

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
If anything ops and mods are more engaged with the community, remember on average our player base used to be 80+ peak and 20+ off peak. This is of course before you started playing but i think you are overlooking things a bit much we are not out to get you :)

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I both look forward to and dread the day when those numbers return...

We do try to be nice to everyone, but every now and then it gets hard to. I don't log on as often as I used to, and when I'm on I either stay silent so I can work on one of my (long overdue) projects or talk and get bombarded with requests via /msg. So, when you add in players who are asking questions that are answered in the faq, it does get difficult to not show your irritation in your response.

Chillers

Administrator
Op
Oct 26, 2013
Thats another thing players don't realise, when i join i am hidden on the active players list and no join messages happen from me. An op could be online without players even knowing.

Alphaesia

Maze Connoisseur
Op
Apr 21, 2014
Thats another thing players don't realise, when i join i am hidden on the active players list and no join messages happen from me. An op could be online without players even knowing.
From past experiences though, if you hover over the player count on the Server List (ingame), it shows you who is on, vanished or not.