• Hi Guest
    Please take 5 minutes to complete this short survey about your experience on minr and how we can improve the server. Results will be published in the near future.
    Please feel free to share this link.
    Link to Survey

Denied BustinBamboa Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BustinBamboa

New Fish
Whitey
Sep 1, 2019
Minecraft Username
BustinBamboa​

How many times have you been banned on minr?
First Ban​
When were you banned
Sep 2, 2019​

Why were you banned?
saying "i agree" to a NSFW message​
Why do you think you should be unbanned?
the comment i made was a joke mocking the guy how got banned. in my previous ban appeal i was told that a warning was given after that guy was banned even though there was,nt one, i was also told to wait 3 months and i don,t understand the logic behind that as i think what i did was nothing. here is the last appeal https://forums.minr.org/threads/bustinbamboa-ban-appeal.3679/
Has agreed that the above is both honest and truthful:
Yes​

Alert - all users
If you have nothing important to add please do not post here

rickyboy320

Penguin Master
Op
Board
Nov 18, 2013
Neither yet, the banner decides (unless delegated like in your previous appeal).

BustinBamboa

New Fish
Whitey
Sep 1, 2019
how long does reviewing a ban appeal usually take? cause this one is kinda getting there you know

Srentiln

minr op since Nov 2011
Op
Oct 28, 2013
I would like to take a moment to remind you that we only allow three appeals to bans. The appeal process is completed as the staff member has time to consider, as we all are volunteering our free time to take on the duties associated with a staff role. If you are provided the same response as you originally were given, I encourage you to wait the time specified so as to not waste your final appeal.

Hex

Board Man
Op
Board
Jul 26, 2016
Hi, Bustin.

From the previous appeal.
  • Another user posts grossly inappropriate messages.
  • A staff member kicks them, with a warning to stop. (At this point, it should be evident to anyone that those sort of topics aren't tolerated on the server.)
  • The kicked user posts what you describe in the appeal and is banned seconds later
  • You (and friend) respond affirmatively and are then shortly banned.

While you did not directly break the rules, you were making an effort to propagate the inappropriate topics.

I can understand where you're coming from with mocking the other person in concept, but the message "I agree" in of itself holds no subtext of irony at all when typed as you typed it. I have no patience with any joking surrounding pedophilia, and despite any intention you served to validate and propagate the grossly inappropriate chat topic. There were plenty of kicks and warnings given to people around that time telling them to settle down, including to your friend who also got banned. That all being said, I will not accept this appeal at this time. Please re-appeal at the initially given date, if you so choose to.

Status
Not open for further replies.